Thu, Apr 06|
R&R at the Huntington Library
Lets take a day for Rest & Relaxation together.
Time & Location
Apr 06, 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM
San Marino, 1151 Oxford Rd, San Marino, CA 91108, USA
About the event
The first Thursday of every month is Free Day. Admission is free of charge with advance reservation. Free Day tickets are available the last Thursday of every month for admission the following week.
- Limit 5 tickets per household per year to ensure access for as many as possible. One email and one order permitted per household. All others subject to cancellation without notice.
Lets take a day for Rest, Relaxation & Recreation together! As shown above, the Huntington Library & Gardens has a free day every month and I'm thinking it would be cute for all of us to go as a group! If you haven't been here is a short description of the Gardens below:Botanical Gardens Encompassing about 130 acres, the botanical gardens feature living collections in 16 stunning themed gardens with more than 83,000 living plants including rare and endangered species, and a laboratory for botanical conservation and research.
Within this vast area there are large patches of grass for sitting and relaxing.
What to Bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing & shoes if you wish to explore the full expanse of the Gardens (it is LARGE)
- Pack water & snacks. They have a couple of cafes on site but it'll be cheaper to bring your own!
- Bring art supplies, books, journals, etc. Lets take our time and really hang out there.
What to Expect:
- We are arriving as a group but this is a day for you. (If you need some time to yourself, go ahead and venture out on your own. If you want to socialize, find a group of friends that also wish to do so. If you would like to just sit in the grass, do that. If you want to be a journeyer and explore, do that. The intention is not to do everything as a single unit but to give us all the opportunity to take a day of self love in whatever way that looks.)
- I will get a few balloons to attach to a few volunteers who will serve as anchors if anybody is wishing to check in or find eachother. The balloon people will have name tags to pass out so we can identify eachother when we are dispersed.