Sun, Sep 25|
Paint Your Own Gnome
Exactly What You've All Been Waiting For! A Queer-centered space to Paint Gnomes!
Time & Location
Sep 25, 2022, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
Long Beach, 2018 E 4th St, Long Beach, CA 90814, USA
About the event
Join us for an afternoon of Laughter, Play, Socializing & Painting Gnomes!
We heard what the streets are saying! Every where we go, coffee shops, the grocery store, the gas station, the park, we hear the same thing day in and day out "I sure wish that there was a place that I could go to paint gnomes in whatever way I want! Why isn't there a place that I could paint my own gnome?!" Well friends, we listened!
"I started 'Gnomes of Color' because I wanted to share my art with the world.
Then it turned into adding magic & color to a world that is slowly graying. Then
I realized that there is very little representation for POC in the gnome world.
4 years later I'm still tapping into that energy of spreading joy & space protection."
An exploration of Gnomes:
gnome. noun 1 : an ageless and often deformed dwarf of folklore who lives in the earth and usually guards treasure.
- Gnomes are known as symbols of good luck. The traditional gnome is closely linked to the mythology of the classical elements (Earth, Fire, Water, and Air) and were said to be the nocturnal protectors of the Earth. Legend has it that gnomes live underground, where they guard the nearby plant life (as well as their personal stashes of buried treasure).
- What do gnomes do at night? They love to talk to each other, eat, play, and do mostly anything-except that they do it all at night, and sleep during the day. I guess that makes them nocturnal! The reason why they continue their lives at night is because they don't want anyone to see them moving around.
- What powers do gnomes have? Abilities. Most Gnomes are 7 times stronger than a man, can run at speeds of 35 miles per hour, and have better sight than a hawk. These abilities help the Gnome to do many things, such as find wounded, dying animals for which they feel they are responsible for.
- How do gnomes talk? Gnomes may ramble and speak in a disorganized and convoluted manner, as well as inventing new words and repurposing old ones in order to get their point across.
- What do gnomes eat? Gnomes are generally vegetarian and eat foods like nuts, mushrooms, peas, beans, potatoes, applesauce, fruit, berries, tubers, spices, vegetables, and preserves for dessert. They like to drink mead dew made from fermented honey, fermented raspberries, and spiced gin as a nightcap. Gnomes kiss by rubbing noses.
They may look sweet and innocent, but it turns out garden gnomes are a likely indicator that the resident is into swinging. An estate agent in the US found this out the hard way, when their client was warned off buying in a “huge swinger community.”
Join us for an afternoon of painting gnomes!
Brian Bello the brainchild of "Gnomes of Color"
& Queer Spaces LBC
All Supplies Included with ticket
Refreshments will be provided at the event.
Please bring snacks & any other necessities to make your time most comfortable & enjoyable.
** Disclaimer: This is a safe judgement-free space. In this shared space no rudeness, hostility, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, fat-phobia, or ableism will be tolerated. We reserve the right to ask you to leave.
This ticket includes all supplies needed (colorless gnome, paint brushes, paints, paint tray) & refreshments$22.00+$0.55 service fee
Paint 2 Gnomes (1 person)
This ticket is the same as General Admission but includes an extra gnome to paint$30.00+$0.75 service fee