Sun, Oct 30|
A Spooktacular Hallows Eve Disco Extravaganza
Join us the night before Halloween for a Ecstatic Dance Style, Donation Based, Substance Free, Consent Centered, Costume Dance Party
Time & Location
Oct 30, 2022, 7:00 PM – Oct 31, 2022, 10:00 PM
Long Beach, 2011 E 4th St, Long Beach, CA 90814, USA
About the event
We get it, you've got plenty of options to explore on Halloween Weekend but we chose to go ahead and offer this alternate option because we truly believe that we are offering an entirely unique experience (relative to all of the other options).
If you're like me you have always deeply desired to go out and engage in festivities each Halloween but typically end up sitting at home watching a movie or scrolling social media fruitlessly searching for something that might appeal to your needs and not trigger anxiety within you. This is the space for you, here is why.
- It is Donation Based: Maybe the $20+ price tag for everything else is not something that you can manage.
- It is Consent Centered: Maybe you like to engage in movement and free sensual ecstatic self-expression without the risk of some inebriated creeper ignoring social cues and dancing all up in your personal space. Which brings me to the next point.
- It's Substance Free: Maybe you'd like to have a good time in a judgement free space without the peer pressure of engaging in mood altering substances. Maybe you are sober. Maybe you just get anxiety in such spaces.
- It's a Costume Party! Be as Bold, Queer, Curious, Playful, Sexy, Goofy, Scary as you want to be. We unfortunately do not always get such an opportunity!
- It Follows Ecstatic Dance Style Guidelines (see below)
- BE PRESENT. (It is our gentle suggestion but not a strict requirement that you use No Phones or Cameras.)
- BE EMBODIED. No Excessive Talking. (We gently suggest that you step outside to have conversations and not talk over the music and distract from others embodiment explorations. Vocalizations should be limited to laughter and random shouts of joy.)
- BE CLEAR. NO INTOXICANTS. (A Reishi Mushroom Cacao will be on tap, this is all the substance you need)
- BE CONSENSUAL. LISTEN FOR A YES. RESPECT A NO.
- BE FREE. DANCE HOW YOU WANT. NO JUDGEMENT. When we step on the dance floor, we include our whole selves, even the frightened parts that want to hide.
How will the night unfold?
7-7:30ish: Welcome/Open Social Space
At around 7:30: We will start with about 10-15 minutes of guided movement (inspired by the 5 rhythms) movement prompts meant to loosen you up and help you explore different modes of embodiment/engaging with the elements and archetypes.
7:45-9:30: We will move into free dance.
9:30-9:45: Costume Dance Off Contest (winner will receive a raffle prize provided by Rahma Blends)
9:45-10: Closing out with grounding ambient music and a collective affirmation
music by: Rahma Lama (Exploring Deep House & Pure Disco)
what to bring: Your beautiful self (preferably in costume)
parking: Paid parking along 4th street and in the lot across from Plantiitas. Unpaid parking a short walk away down side streets.
See you on the dance floor!
Please arrive on time to explore Guided Movement together!
** Disclaimer: This is a consent centered space, please ask before dancing or making contact with anyone. In this shared space no racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, fat-phobia, or ableism will be tolerated. We reserve the right to ask you to leave.
Pay What You Can
We want everyone to have accessPay what you want+Service fee